I need some help in deciding how you want to build your Sawtooth XL trailers. I have come up with a hatch design that is going to be a lot easier to build than the original curved upper rear hatch corner. What I want to know is which design you prefer. I will only do one set of plans with the most popular option. There is a poll at the bottom. Please select your preferred option.
Things to keep in mind:
- The old design was aesthetically pleasing but difficult to construct
- The old design did not seal as well as I would have liked
- The old design required custom made hardware to latch
- The updated design is a lot easier to construct but may not be as pleasing to the eye
- The updated design should seal easier/better
- The updated design can use conventional latching hardware
Here are a couple images showing the two designs:
Which Sawtooth XL hatch design do you prefer?
- New Flat Hatch Design (69%, 41 Votes)
- Old Curved Hatch Design (31%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 59